C50/51, Sharadaram Park,
Next to Crowne Plaza Hotel, Opp Ruby Hall Clinic,
Sassoon Road, Pune, MH 411 001.
© 2019 Sponsor A Birth. All rights reserved
In 2012, 22% of India’s population* lived below the poverty limit.
23.6% of Indian # population , or about 276 million people, lived below $1.25 per day on purchasing power parity.
* Statement by the Indian Government
# Based on World Bank’s 2011 report
27.5 million* couples (2015) in India suffer from infertility, with a YoY increase of 4% - 5%.
Only a small percentage of those couples can afford treatment.
Only 0.1 million treatment cycles were performed in India in 2015.
* Based on a 2015 Ernst & Young report
# Based on a Business World report
While female factor accounts for 40-50% of cases, male factor is on the rise, with 30-40% of cases.
• Pre-existing genetic disorders
• Hormonal issues
• Lifestyle diseases
• Alcohol consumption and smoking
• Low sperm count in men
• Genital TB & uterine and tubal pathologies in women
• Lack of awareness about IVF treatments.
• Delayed or lack of access to qualified IVF experts.
• High costs of IVF cycles can deter potential patients
• IVF is not covered under any insurance scheme.
• People of lower socioeconomic backgrounds seldom qualify for adoption.
• Emotional trauma to women as they are blamed for not being
capable of having a baby
• Mental stress due to the social stigma associated with the failure
to have a baby.
• Financial pressure.
© 2019 Sponsor A Birth